Staff Process Engineer- Reforming
- Houston, TX
- Fantastic base salary, large company benefits, full relo
- Job #
This is a Central Engineering opportunity for a Reformer Subject Matter Expert. This role will set the technical strategy and investment strategy in the Reforming Technology area for a major refining company. You will serve as a second line of support to the Refineries on higher level technical issues. Your main focus will be delivering competitive advantage and significant improvements across the scope of performance metrics.
- Perform process modeling and simulation to support projects and optimization.
- Proactive monitoring, optimization and troubleshooting of their primary process units via constant dialogue with unit engineers.
- Leads resolution of medium and long term process problems with a multi-discipline team within SME group and/or site.
- Mentor site unit engineers and operations staff
- Monitor new technology and innovation from third party providers and various catalyst vendors and evaluate for suitability.
- Provide technical leadership in catalyst performance evaluation, selection and technical support during catalyst change out and start-up.
- Provide process safety leadership and product quality management
- Lead initiatives that provide improvements in unit yields, margin and energy efficiency
- Review management of change (MOC) on technically complicated changes.
- Provide support of key projects
- Support projects and turnaround department
BS CHE with 15+ years of Refining background with proven technical success in Reforming Units
All job listings