Sr Project Engineer - IEA
- Southeast Houston, TX
- 115- 160k with 15 – 25 % profit share depending on grade level, 401k, pension, full relo, 9/80
- Job #
Instrument/Electrical/Analyzer – Sr Project Engineer
115- 160k with 15 – 25 % profit share depending on grade level, 401k, pension, full relo, 9/80
Southeast Houston area
Major chemical company – you will work with the Capital Project group supporting engineering, design, and installation of Instrument/Electrical/Analyzer equipment. This role is responsible for the planning, control, and integration of engineering activities and the development of technical deliverables to meet the schedule, scope, budget and quality requirements of multi-discipline projects.
- Provides project discipline engineering support on project teams towards the successful completion of projects as assigned so that they are successfully completed and meet the objectives.
- Works with design resources both internally and externally to achieve designs that are cost effective and technically sound so that all projects are designed efficiently, cost effectively, and have operability against the up-front project objectives.
- Collaborates and engages all other disciplines towards the successful completion of the project.
- Responsible for following the Capital project process and meeting the DOA so that all projects can meet internal and external audit criteria and the site remains in DOA compliance. Working through the Capital Project Checklist and documenting all phases of the project process
- Works closely with subcontract engineers and/or designers to coordinate their activities and to ensure the subcontractor's work is checked and meets the company’s standards and quality requirements.
- Prepares specifications for purchase of materials and equipment.
- Performs periodic design reviews; ensures designs follow specifications, codes, regulations, and contract requirements. Ensures technical and quality standards are maintained.
- Documents and maintains all communication that impacts technical decisions.
- Assists in preparing estimates of probable costs for construction at various stages of design.
- Participates in the development of criteria for and evaluation of equipment, technical material suppliers, and technical service providers.
- Inspects completed installations and observes operations, to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Instrument Engineering
- 8 years or more of chemical, refining or related industry experience
All job listings