Sr Instrument and Electrical Reliability Engineer
- Houston, TX
- $105-150,000 base pus 15-20% target bonus. Full relocation. 401k, pension, 9/80
- Job #
In this role you will provide Instrument/Electrical reliability engineering support to a petrochemical plant in day to day problem solving and by building long term reliability strategies. This site is very profitable and will soon be undergoing a large debottlenecking effort. The company has a strong reliability culture and diverse career paths on the technical or leadership ladder. Overall, we are seeking an engineer with excellent problem solving skills around instrumentation who would like to coach others and take ownership of the site instrument/electrical reliability program. You will have ample opportunity to excel and have an impact at this site.
Identify the top instrumentation Bad Actors and drive resolution to the Root Causes. Lead teams to resolve the issues as needed related to equipment, processes, utilities, controls and safety systems. Support PLC, SIS, low voltage power distribution and controls systems, and analyzers
- Troubleshoot nuclear instrumentation
- Develop long range plans for PLC’s to improve their reliability. Evaluate ways to reduce operator errors by improving the HMI. This site makes extensive use of PLC’s. Honeywell TDC 3000 is the main DCS in use at the site currently and most of the DCS issues are covered by site process control engineers.
- Fine tune maintenance strategies as you learn the site and build towards a comprehensive maintenance plan for Instrumentation/Electrical systems. Author best practices and maintenance plans.
- Translate PHA requirements into system approaches and implement appropriate SIS approaches
- Utilize predictive/non-destructive testing methodologies
- BS EE and 7 + years of instrument/electrical engineer experience in a chemical plant/refinery.
All job listings