Senior Process Control Engineer
- Beaumont/Port Arthur, TX
- Competitive salary plus profit share
- Job #
Provide technical support to the Process Control Systems at a large refinery. You will maintain and upgrade DCS and APC applications to drive improvements in efficiency and safety. This site offers excellent opportunities for career growth and development.
- Monitor process control systems performance to understand trends and develop plans to improve equipment reliability in production area.
- Serve as the Process Control Engineer for an area of the refinery.
- Support maintenance and inspectors in analyzing complex problems
- Approved changes and updates for new automation and control designs.
- Reviews Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) classification/design to ensure compliance with corporate and Process Safety Management (PSM) standards.
- Reviews performance of control systems designed to mitigate risks
- Participate and lead controls systems incident investigations to evaluate root causes and propose design or work process improvements.
- Develop opportunities for additions or modifications to control systems.
- Develops or review operating procedures for plant control systems equipment as required.
- Provide timely input to Turnaround planning, documents, scope of work and plans for execution. Provides active support during T/A shutdown, execution and start up activities.
- Acts as focal point to ensure proper operational awareness and technical assurance from Project Engineering and other technical groups working in production area.
- Ensure control systems comply with applicable corporate, safety and environmental standards (Motiva standards,
- Participates in Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) analysis and helps to establish alarms and limits for equipment
- Assesses and identifies training needs around process controls.
- BS Chemical Engineering and 10 years or more related experience in chemical or refining processes.
- Skilled in base layer control and instrumentation (HART, Foundation Fieldbus, Distributed Control Systems (DCS), Programmable Logic Controllers, etc.).
- Skilled in control algorithm implementation for Honeywell LCN & Experion PKS DCS platforms, PLC applications and miscellaneous control hardware.
- Experience with DeltaV DCS and/or SIS a plus, knowledge of Triconex Safety Systems, knowledge of Bently-Nevada Systems machine monitoring systems.
- Knowledge of Advanced Control Algorithms
All job listings