Rotating Equipment Engineer
- Baton Rouge/ NOLA, LA
- Competitive salary plus profit share
- Job #
Are you looking for a “hands-on” engineering opportunity involving large rotating equipment? If so, this role could be ideal. This site has a variety of large rotating equipment and is looking for a Senior Rotating Equipment Engineer who can take ownership of the rotating equipment from a hands-on Maintenance Engineering approach. They are building up their reliability program at the site and also have an immediate need for more focused support on the site rotating equipment.
- Serves as a subject matter expert on site Rotating Equipment such as pumps, compressors (recips and large screw compressors) and steam turbines.
- Provide Root Cause Failure Analysis regarding Rotating Equipment failures and implement system and procedure changes to prevent repeat failures
- Provides technical expertise to plant personnel on Rotating Equipment troubleshooting and evaluating needs for modifications or repair/replace
- Oversee Rotating Equipment repairs and modifications
- Oversee critical equipment requests to provide input on repair details such as clearances, tolerances, materials of construction, welding procedures etc
- Ensures Rotating Equipment repairs, repair techniques, equipment specific training, are documented and made available
- Support the Maintenance Coordinator as required in reviewing spare parts list for existing equipment.
- Provide input/develop the maintenance strategies for Pred/Prev Maintenance
- Participates in developing the maintenance budget to support the maintenance strategy.
- Provides input on development of work orders during turnaround work scope development
- Provide equipment reliability and performance data to the technical resource networks for input into purchasing requirements, performance, vendor performance.
- BS ME with 6 or more years of experience in the chemical or refining industry working with Rotating Equipment
All job listings