I&E Reliability Engineer
- Houston- Pasadena/Bayport area, TX
- 15% profit share, 401k, pension, 9/80 schedule
- Job #
We are seeking a Senior Level Instrument and Electrical engineer with technical depth in the design and maintenance of instrumentation, control Systems, and low voltage electrical systems. The role is part of the reliability group that supports a large continuous process chemical plant. As a leading team-member you will implement reliability best practices, develop and optimize preventive maintenance tasks. The position has broad interaction with other technical groups on site and can call on corporate SME resources if needed. This is a large and diverse chemical company with excellent career growth options in the Houston area.
- Analyze data to develop engineering solutions to repetitive failures and other problems that adversely affect plant operations
- Serve as a resource to create and share best practices and leverage operating improvement opportunities across the site
- Provide technical support in the design and installation stages of projects for new assets and modification of existing assets to minimize life cycle cost and maximize asset availability
- Participate in the development of criteria for and the evaluation of equipment and technical service providers.
- Stay aware of applicable emerging technology and evaluate it for potential value to the site
- Lead and participate in incident investigations and root cause analysis
- Provide input to a risk management plan that will anticipate risks that could adversely impact plant operations
- Systematically define, design, develop, monitor, and refine an asset maintenance plan that including, value-added preventive maintenance tasks and the effective utilization of predictive condition monitoring and other non-destructive testing methods.
- Apply value analysis to repair/replace/redesign decisions
- Lead interdisciplinary reliability improvement, build RCM strategies
- Specifically, design and implement SIS technology
- Program and maintain PLC systems
- BS EE and 6 years or more of I/E Experience in a chemical plant
All job listings