Sr Process Engineer- Refining
- Los Angeles Area, CA
- Excellent base salary with profit share, full relo, COL assistance
- Job #
As Senior Process Engineer, you will provide technical expertise to support the day-to-day operations of selected units in a modern refinery. The company has been experiencing many retirements and is needing to replace them with Senior Process Engineering experience. They have recently expanded some units and this will provide opportunities for further growth and optimization. For long term career growth,there are numerous advancement opportunities including a strong technical track. This company provides diverse career opportunities, excellent benefits, and is considered an excellent company to work for.
- Provide local process engineering expertise for Refinery units.
- Participate in unit optimization teams to work on short and long-term process improvement opportunities.
- Develop procedures and support for commissioning of new facilities.
- Facilitate agreements on operating philosophies and control strategies on plant units.
- Network with other subject matter experts in other facilities to leverage shared expertise .
- Carry out various studies to improve plant safety (PHA), reliability, and economics.
- Help identify gaps between current performance and best-in-class and recommend opportunities for improvement.
- Provide engineering support for capital project development and construction.
- Develop design basis and front-end engineering for minor and major capital projects.
- Act as mentor/resource for facility process and control engineers.
- BS CHE with 8 + years of Industry experience with 5+ years in an operating oil refinery
- Experience in any of the following units would be beneficial: Hydroprocessing, Crude/Distillation, Reforming, Alkylation, Solvent De-asphalting, Hydrogen Manufacturing, and/or Amine/Sour Water is also beneficial.
All job listings