- Houston, TX
- Competitive salary with excellent benefits, profit share, 9/80 schedule, 401k, and pension
- Job #
As a Production Engineer you will provide day do day monitoring, troubleshooting, and optimization of operating units that utilization Oxidation reactions. You will drive process and product improvements as you identify, recommend and implement strategic improvements to unit performance. This will include working as a member of the engineering team to to support process designs and the implementation of capital projects. This international petrochemical company provides excellent career growth and diversification opportunities. They continue to build petrochemical assets and to acquire other chemical companies to take full advantage of market opportunities. We have recruited for this client for 25 years.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop strategies and action plans to improve unit performance.
- Monitor, troubleshoot and optimize operating units involving oxidation reactions.
- Provide process design support for capital projects.
- Develop systems to drive improvements in EHS and Production Metrics
- Maintain strong safety and environmental and PSM compliance focus in a high hazard chemical process.
- Balance day-to-day operational priorities with long term strategic objectives
- Coach less experienced engineers and co-ops, as well as provide technical training to others.
- BS CHE and 4 or more years of proven experience in a chemical or refining manufacturing environment
- Experience with Oxidation reaction based chemicals is a plus
All job listings