- Houston, TX
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits
- Job #
You will play a key engineering resource role at this site as you troubleshoot and optimize petrochemical operating units to drive process and product improvements. Your efforts will be focused on improving quality, capacity, yield, and reducing energy consumption. As a Senior Engineer you will be expected to identify and implement strategic projects to improve unit performance and you will work in a team environment with unit specialists and other engineers to support process design and implement of capital projects. This is an international chemical company with many avenues for career growth up a technical or leadership career ladder.
- Develop systems to improve and sustain value in the areas of health, safety, environment, production rates, reliability, cost and quality.
- Maintain strong safety and environmental compliance focus
- Troubleshoot and problem-solve advanced process problems
- Develop and manage Key Performance Indicators for plant performance
- Monitor, troubleshoot and optimize operating units
- Provide process design support for capital projects
- Contribute in a team environment and establish work relationships with onsite and offsite functional groups to achieve results
- Balance day-to-day operational priorities with long term strategic objectives to ensure alignment with company goals
- Coach less experienced engineers, as well as provide technical training to others
- Knowledgeable about OSHA 1910.119 Process Safety Management and participate and lead PHA’s, HAZOP, MOC and PSSR
- Provide technical expertise in PSM activities (PHA, MOC, PSV calculations)
- Knowledgeable about Relief System, RV, design and evaluations.
- BS degree in Chemical Engineering and 10+ years of relative experience in a petrochemical plant or refinery
- Leadership skills to drive technical solutions and mentor engineers
All job listings