Process Safety Engineer
- Lake Jackson, TX
- job is on HOLD
- Job #
As Process Safety Engineer you will support three chemical plants that are all in close proximity along the Texas Coast. You will lead and coordinate the PSM programs and be active in PHA and HAZOP reviews at the sites. We are seeking an engineer who can identify and drive improvements in the PSM programs. This a large chemical company with a strong EHS program and a strong reliability program.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Lead and coordinate PHA and HAZOP activities.
- Write and implement effective procedures that support process safety, including management of change (MOC).
- Monitor and develop key performance indicators
- Participate in Audits and conduct pre-start up safety reviews and
- Understand PSM implications of incidents and provide guidance to site for proper classification, investigation, and improvements.
- Coordinate process safety knowledge sharing and best practices across the three sites.
- Lead or participate in incident investigations.
- Participate in the company process safety technical network.
- Track and understand action items from PHA’s
- BS CHE and 5 + years of experience in the chemical or refining industry with PHA and HAZOP experience.
- Knowledgeable in relief system evaluations and designs.
- Familiar with Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS)
All job listings