Process Safety Engineer
- Beaumont/Port Arthur, TX
- Excellent base salary with profit share, 401k, pension, and 9/80 schedule
- Job #
Process Safety Engineer provides support to the process safety efforts at a major facility. You will serve as a member of the Process Safety Team and work across all engineering disciplines to help build a robust and compliant PSM program. This role will manage and support execution of process safety projects, complete process safety action items, update documentation, and remain current on external standards and internal requirements. The site is growing and expanding and offers diverse engineering opportunities and technical challenges.
- Support managed change to ensure pressure relief devices and process safety barriers are addressed
- Maintain an overall site strategy for development and updates to pressure relief and flare studies.
- Generate project work scope to address deficiencies identified in pressure relief and flare studies.
- Ensure pressure relief and flare studies are updated based on project as built information.
- Participate in PHAs, risk assessment studies and MOC’s when process safety expertise is required.
- Review MOCs to verify process safety barriers are maintained or improved
- Provide guidance and approval for pressure relief device mitigation plans
- Perform Layers of Protection Analysis.
- Participate in investigations
- Collect and use data to prepare and report on performance against expectation and identify trends.
- Train operators, crafts, and other engineers in the principles of pressure relief devices
- BS CHE and 4 or more years of Process Safety Experience in a Petrochemical Plant or Refinery
All job listings