Senior Process Safety Engineer
- Beaumont/Port Arthur, TX
- Excellent base salary with 15-20% bonus target, 401k, pension, full relocation, and 9/80 schedule
- Job #
As a Senior PSM Engineer you will provide leadership, direction, and structure to help oversee that large scale petrochemical/refining type process equipment and processes are properly studied and protected per industry codes and corporate standards. This role provides the opportunity to work at a large site with a diverse set of process safety needs. You will work with a variety of professionals at the site to build and sustain an excellent process safety program.
- Serve as an active team member of the site Process Safety Management Team
- Work with discipline leads and operations on managed change to ensure proper safeguarding of process equipment.
- Maintain an overall site strategy for development and updates to safeguarding studies.
- Generate project work scope for remediation of deficiencies identified
- Provide high level technical contributions on safeguarding projects
- Ensure process safety studies are updated based on project as built information.
- Participate in PHAs and risk assessment studies and MOC’s
- Review MOCs to verify safeguarding is maintained or improved.
- Perform Layers of Protection Analysis.
- Participate in investigations associated with safeguarding system failures
- Train operators, crafts, and other engineers in the principles of process safety and safeguarding.
BS CHE and 8 or more years of experience in Refining or Petrochemicals
Proven background in safeguarding. Experience with process and dispersion modeling, and familiarity with PHA and other risk assessment tools.
All job listings