- Philadelphia, PA
- Fantastic base salary plus profit share and 9/80 schedule.
- Job #
As the Process/Operations Engineer you take ownership of the day to day issues associated with running a large continuous process unit. You will develop an understanding of the baseline metrics of the unit and then development and implement ideas for systematic operational improvements against those metrics. Business is excellent and the company is growing. They seek to provide an enjoyable work environment and they offer the 9/80 work schedule.
- Direct day to day unit operations and develop/modify operational procedures
- Lead or support improvements teams in reliability (root cause studies) and quality
- Generate project ideas for process improvements and review projects to verify scope and completeness.
- Take responsibility for project commissioning and start-up activities. Assist in developing commissioning and start-up procedures for new equipment.
- Lead root cause analysis studies to resolve plant process and equipment related issues.
- Support EHS, participate, lead, and approve MOCs and PSSRs, participate in PHAs.
- Monitor intermediate and product analyses and statistical data.
- Specify and approve process conditions to produce new or modified products, coordinate and plan trials.
- Support the resolution of issues around customer complaints and nonconforming products.
- Mentor junior level engineers
BS CHE with 5+ years of hands-on experience in a chemicals or refining facility
PSM and process simulation experience a plus
Some extended hours around turnarounds and plant upsets
All job listings