Senior Process Engineer
- Pearland, TX
- Competitive salary, 5% bonus target, 401k, pension, and flex work schedule
- Job #
Apply engineering skills to troubleshoot process, equipment, and quality failures and propose solutions. Provide technical support for production and reliability of the operating units. Identity productivity and process improvement opportunities that will improve OEE, equipment utilization, product quality, or provide cost savings. Work with pilot plant and research groups to introduce new products to the plant or to improve current processes. Conduct new product introduction activities, which include developing work instructions for new products and interfacing with SAP (or equivalent).
- Develop engineering solutions to findings from PHA's, root cause analyses, etc., and champion ideas through implementation.
- Conduct Root Cause investigations of process and safety incidents.
- Participate as technical representative in Plant or Project PHA’s and lead as needed.
- Lead Management of Change activities for modifications to the process.
- Provide process engineering support for large capital projects and provide start-up support as needed.
- Generate detailed scope for small capital projects.
- Train plant operators and update plant procedures, as needed for Management of Change process or other plant needs.
- Actively coach, train, and mentor junior engineers or co-ops.
- A person in this role will need to work closely with Plant Personnel and various Plant Departments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering
- 5 years of directly related engineering experience in a chemical plant environment
- High proficiency in Microsoft applications (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Experience managing multiple engineering projects concurrently
- Ability to guide and train other engineers
- Batch plant experience
- Oxyalkylation experience
All job listings