Senior Process Engineer
- Pearland, TX
- comparable salary, profit share, 401k, pension
- Job #
You will provide process engineering support to batch reactors systems to expand and optimize production. This is a large international chemical company with several sites in the Houston area. The Senior Process Engineer will provide technical depth and stability to the department as the other Senior Engineer will be retiring soon and the balance of the group is 2-3 year Engineers on rotational career development assignments. Growth could be up the technical ladder or into leadership.
- Troubleshoot process failures and quality issues and develop cost effective and timely solutions.
- Monitor, coordinate and provide technical support for production and reliability of the operating unit.
- Identify process improvements to improve product quantity, quality, and operations productivity and efficiency.
- Identify equipment improvement projects, work flow improvements
- Coordinate with R&D and the site pilot plant to introduce new processes and products into the site.
- Interface with SAP for product formulation, batch standards, billing of materials, master recipe and manufacturing procedures.
- Manage plant projects as directed from design stage through start up.
- Actively coach, train, and mentor junior engineers, co-ops and operators.
- Conduct Root Cause investigations of process and safety incidents.
- Participate in customer or vendor meetings.
- Work with the planning group to ensure plant meets production targets.
- BS CHE with 5 + years of experience
All job listings