Senior Process Engineer
- Lake Charles, LA
- 110 – 150k plus 15% profit share target, 401k,9/80, pension, full relocation
- Job #
We are seeking a Senior Process Engineer with a strong technical background to provide technical engineering support to a complex petrochemical process. You will support production, project design reviews, economic evaluations, and coordinate projects to maximize production and EHS performance. The site is spending money and has a number of projects such as a unit debottleneck, infrastructure upgrades around the utilities area, and installing a new DCS system. They have excellent resources for training and mentoring on their process and this is a collaborative atmosphere. This is a major chemical company with excellent career development opportunities.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot process problems and a demonstrated ability to get problems solved.
- Develop gap analysis and justification for potential projects/programs.
- Analyze Operational Excellence KPI’s and recommending step change improvement activities
- Mentor younger engineers and provide team technical leadership as you develop and learn the process
- Evaluate existing processes to improve efficiency, reduce costs, and improve product or safety conditions.
- Implement programs/projects and provide unit support in all aspects of PSM including PSSR, MOC, training etc.
- Develop project scope and justification to initiate an Approval for Funding
- Develop plant process design specifications for estimation and execution by the project engineers.
- Unit engineering resource as required for investigations, deviations and Root Cause Analysis.
- Effectively communicate reports to the site management and business either verbally or written.
- Assist the Technical Manager in developing the annual capital and expense project priorities.
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering with 7 or more years of chemical plant related experience
All job listings