Senior Process Control Engineer
- Baton Rouge area, LA
- Competitive salary with 15% profit share target, 401k and pension
- Job #
This is a large and diverse non-union chemical plant that is undergoing large expansions. They have a need for a Senior Process Control Engineer to support APC (DMC) and DCS (Honeywell Experion) technology in one of their main process units. This role will support the day to day needs of optimizing the plant and will also look at long term optimization possibilities that can be gained by fully using the controls systems. We are seeking a creative person who can discover new applications for the use of APC and who can maximize the capacity of the units by fine tuning the DCS base layer controls. If you like to work out in the plant on optimization efforts rather than focusing on design or project work, then this role will be ideal. You will build leadership skills and technical skills and have a noticeable impact on the site performance. Growth path can progress into leadership or technical roles.
- Provide APC and DSC support to optimize a modern process unit with room for more throughout
- Find new way to implement APC on the unit
- Solve complex process control problems
- Mentor a junior process control engineer
- Fine tune DCS base layer controls on an older unit with lots of room for optimization
- Help develop and support the site process control improvement plans
- Support MOC and SIS(Triconex) technology
- Support turnaround planning
- Promote long term improvements in process control performance.
BS CHE, EE or ME and 8 + years of Process Control Experience in a chemical plant or refinery with Honeywell Experion or TDC 3000 preferred and some APC experience
All job listings