Power Distribution Engineer - Subject Matter Expert
- Houston, TX
- Competitive salary with additional profit share, full relocation, 9/80 schedule
- Job #
This position provides electrical engineering technical expertise to several chemical plants in the US. This role requires a subject matter expert level of knowledge in power distribution. Our client is a highly profitable chemical company and enjoys a market leading position. They seek to create a collaborative and enjoyable work environment for their employees and they offer the 9/80 work schedule. This is a medium sized company that provides good pay and benefits but is also small enough where you can really make a difference on the sites. This role requires 25% travel.
- Establish systematic standards for the identification of electrical problems, performance of studies and presentation of results.
- Ability to lead factory acceptance tests (FATs) and site acceptance tests (SATs) to ensure proper application electrical engineering design standards and specifications to procurement of equipment.
- Provide support to projects for proper implementation of electrical design in the field.
- Develop Maintenance Engineering preventive maintenance and inspection plans to manage long term operation of high voltage distribution system.
- Establish and coordinate the exchange of experiences obtained with the engineering studies, promoting their disclosure.
- Promote the implementation of improvements in equipment and work methods.
- Review prospective technological innovations, evaluate their viability and work with discipline SMEs to determine the best way to implement.
- Assist in the implementation of solutions resulting from Maintenance Engineering studies.
- Support investment capital group as technical advisor/team member for investment projects.
- Support the Turnaround Team in scope development.
- Conduct RCA investigations for incidents or near misses.
- Must have 10+ years in in Chemical, Petrochemical or Refining Facilities.
- Bachelors of Electrical Engineering
- Experience in the development and application of reliability methodologies/technologies, understanding of equipment damage mechanisms.
- Experience in predictive technologies; motor testing, transformer testing and UPS testing.
- Experience with PLC’s and distributed control systems.
- Experience with SAP, ETAP, and Maximo.
- Experience with reliability improvement techniques such as Root Cause Analysis, Failure Modes & Effects, Reliability Centered Maintenance, and predictive maintenance techniques.
All job listings