Operations Engineer - Hydrocarbons Pipeline
- Corpus Christi/Houston/Baytown, TX
- Job #
Are you an operation oriented engineer that would like to work in an environment that is more dynamic than an olefins plant or refinery? If you enjoy being more self-directed and like a fast pace this could be the right opportunity for you. We are seeking an Operations Engineer to support all facets of a pipeline business unit associated with large amounts of hydrocarbon transfer across the Texas Gulf Coast. They have significant pipeline hubs in Corpus Christi and Houston. There will be approximately 20 – 30 % travel (day trips in company vehicle) to the field to support the needs of the pipeline and associated systems. The scope of the role focuses on Operations and Maintenance of the assets and also includes some design and project work with capital planning. You will also support business development opportunities to grow and enhance the pipeline business. This is an excellent opportunity to join a leader in petrochemicals manufacturing that continues to expand its capacity across Texas. They provide diverse and stable employment opportunities. Their Hydrocarbons Pipeline group has 130 employees. Upcoming retirements and volume growth will open up career movement within this business unit.
Responsibilities of the Role:
- Deliver engineering support and solutions to drive improvements across operations, safety, and asset reliability and maintenance of the pipeline system.
- Troubleshooting of operational issues through collaboration with field personnel/operators.
- Lead projects involving design, installation, and upgrading of facilities.
- Support the planning and delivery of pipeline integrity requirements and PSM to ensure compliance.
- Utilize tools such as Six Sigma, Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA), Root Cause Analysis (RCA) to bring a structured approach to projects and problem solving.
- BS CHE or ME with 5+ years of Operations related experience in Olefins, Refining or Hazardous Liquid Pipelines
- Experience developing process design packages and project scopes
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and be comfortable interacting with internal and external customers, regulatory bodies and public interest groups
All job listings