- South Houston, TX
- Job #
Our client operates a highly profitable specialty chemical plant in the South Houston area. They have a market leading capacity position and have process technology to differentiate themselves in the market. Business is excellent and they are seeking to increase production capacity at their sites. Due to an upcoming retirement at this manufacturing plant, they are seeking to add an Operations Engineer who can interface with the incumbent for at least a month prior to the retirement. The site employs less than 100 people and this role is the natural backfill for the Plant Manager who may retire in 4 – 5 years.
Role Focal Points:
- optimize unit performance and work closely with operations personnel on the day to day needs of the unit.
- Provide PSM support and ensure EHS excellence
- Develop and manage process improvement projects
- Support the Delta V process control system
- Provide engineering support to improve the reliability of the site
- BS CHE and 4+ years of chemical manufacturing experience
- Experience with hazardous chemicals is desired
- Experience with solid chemical manufacturing is desires but not required (crystallization, centrifuges, drying, solids handling)
- PSM experience and strong safety orientation
- Process control knowledge is highly desirable, the sites uses an Emerson Delta V system.
- Experience with capital projects (process design, PHA’s, commissioning) is beneficial
All job listings