Project Mechanical Engineer
- Houston, TX
- Competitive salary plus profit share
- Job #
In this highly visible role you will interact with site engineers at a large petrochemical site to frame up projects by providing specific guidance on project scope, specifications, standards, and constructability. The role also supports the design process required to produce design packages for review and approval. We are seeking a Project Engineer who can scope and review projects and serve as a liaison with the third party contractor. This is primarily a front end focused role with 10% of the time being spent on project implementation duties. This role will give you exposure to every manager across the site. The last person in this role was recruited internally into a new role. Lots of growth at this site.
- Work with site maintenance/reliability and project engineers to develop project mechanical scopes
- Manage the engineering and design company for the development and definition of the project
- Review and refine Project Design Documents developed by site engineers for thoroughness and adequacy to complete FEL 1 / PMP Process.
- Review code calculations reports and line lists for proper pipe specs, design, and test conditions.
- Review and approve design packages at Phase gates
- Ensure project mechanical equipment specifications meet company and industry standards, author project deviations
- Review / assist in developing Inspection test plant for mechanical equipment
BS ME with 5 + years of experience with projects involving ASME/API standards
All job listings