Rotating Equipment Engineer – Central Engineering
- Houston, TX
- generous salary plus profit share, 9/80 schedule.
- Job #
This is a central engineering role that will provide a high level of Rotating Equipment Engineering support to a small group of chemical plants sites along the Texas Gulf Coast. These sites have a diverse array of rotating equipment and one of the sites is undergoing a large expansion. This role requires experience with pumps, centrifugal and reciprocating compressors, gear boxes and extruders.
Job Knowledge and Responsibilities:
- Lead replacement, overhaul and reliability related upgrade projects on critical rotating equipment
- Build predictive/preventative plans for rotating equipment
- Lead or participate in incident investigations and root cause analysis relating to critical rotating equipment
- Conduct component failure analysis on rotating equipment
- Participate in the development of design and installation specifications and commissioning plans.
- Participate in the development of criteria for and evaluation of equipment and technical.. Develop acceptance tests and inspection criteria
- Maintain awareness of new technology and assess its viability for the sites
- Monitor critical rotating equipment system for obsolescence and develop projects for multiyear asset plan
- Provide technical support for critical rotating equipment to production, maintenance, project, and process engineering groups
- Mentor junior engineers and technicians.
- Manage projects related to rotating equipment
BS Mechanical Engineer
All job listings