Logistics and Operations Manager
- Greater Houston, TX
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits
- Job #
The Logistics and Operations Manager is responsible for directing the activities of the logistics (barge, rail and marine operations) team which includes 12 professionals focus on scheduling, planning, logistics, and transportation. Your oversight will include safety and environmental improvement, manufacturing support, quality, customer support, cost, capacity increases and facilities improvement.
- Work with Leadership to develop, communicate and implement business plans to meet short and long-term business needs.
- Champion and implement change projects and processes that support continuous improvement
- Maintain aggressive cost reduction and technical productivity programs to maintain and improve the competitive position and profitability of the businesses
- Provide leadership to set standards and expectations for the assigned units that promote teamwork, trust, ownership, excellence, creativity, innovation and growth
- Plan and implement systems/programs to preserve capital assets
- Establishes and implements priorities, budgets, and short/long term production plans in conjunction with Texas City management team
- Act as a change-agent and champion site initiatives that support the long-term viability of the site and its respective businesses
- Ensure customer service requirements are satisfied
- B.S. Degree in Engineering with a minimum of 6years related manufacturing experience
- 2+ years of leadership preferred
All job listings