Corporate Quality Manager
- Downtown Houston, TX
- Competitive salary plus 20-25% bonus target
- Job #
This position is responsible for owning and championing the Quality Management System for a major global chemical company. You will have the opportunity to change the structure and systems as the Quality Systems are globalized. You will have visibility across the company and the autonomy to drive improvements. Lead and develop your staff (6-7 people) to expand the Quality Department capabilities. The focus of this role is to facilitate integration of newly acquired assets and drive the change from a regional to a global quality management system. Future growth may develop this role into the Global Quality Manager role. This role can progress into a variety of other opportunities within the company, even those outside of the quality function.
- Facilitate and drive the change from a regional to a to global quality management system.
- Work with European and Asian Counterparts to develop one common quality system and drive a global approach.
- Be the “face” of Quality to Business Leadership and serve as quality consultants to the plants
- Integrate new acquisitions into the Quality system and onto SAP
- Provide quality training across the Enterprise, especially to newly acquired staff
- Improve the use of analytics with the quality group. Develop in depth analytics to streamline decision making and to make the quality metrics more visible.
- Utilize the Quality module within SAP to gather and track data on customers and suppliers
- Responsible for continuous improvement of ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016 compliant systems
- Manages the process for customer complaints and Quality-related feedback.
- Develop, communicate, and manage Quality KPI’s and implements improvement plans.
- Transition the Quality Management System into the Excellence Model format.
- Lead the Quality Network to share leading practices
- Coordinate internal and external quality audits and associated training.
- Improve the effectiveness and consistency of internal audits and drives efficiency by reducing redundancy with other audit processes and by implementing more risk-based approach to processes.
- Engage with business, supply chain, procurement to embed Quality as part of their processes.
- BS degree in Engineering, Business, or Systems is preferred and 10+ years of experience
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to drive improvements.
- SAP experience
All job listings