- Houston, TX
- Job #
You will be responsible for plant maintenance and reliability function at a batch specialty chemical plant with approximately 150 people. This a major international specialty chemical company. Your department will oversee the maintenance, repair, design, construction and installation of new equipment to ensure safe and efficient plant operations. Your focus will be on improving productivity, reducing costs, improving safety and quality of products through maintenance and reliability engineering improvements. We are seeking a proven leader with skills in developing maintenance personnel. This role reports to the Plant Manager and has a staff of approximately 25.
- Ensures that the site is reliable and well maintained to promote safety and maximum productivity
- Assign criticality and manage proper inventory of spares to minimize downtime.
Train and mentor staff to build a proactive maintenance mindset.
Build a predictive/preventative maintenance programs and procedures
Selects and recommends purchasing of spare, new equipment and with proper budget control.
- Negotiate with vendors regarding costs and availability of equipment.
- Responsible for safety of maintenance and outside contractor's personnel.
- Plan and directing the design of new process systems and estimate profitability and costs
- Develop maintenance procedures and KPI’s
Prepares and administers annual department budget.
Selects, develop and motivate maintenance personnel and manage performance and compensation
- BS ME or CHE and 7+ years of chemical plant experience with a strong maintenance leadership background
- SAP maintenance module experience
All job listings