- Decatur, IL
- Job #
As the Reliability Engineer you will support fixed and rotating equipment used in the production of specialty chemicals. This role will focus on equipment repairs/upgrades as well as improving maintenance processes and strategies.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Troubleshoot issues with a vessels, exchangers, reciprocating compressors, pumps, gearboxes, blowers
- Perform Root Cause Failure Analysis on systems and equipment
- Serve on site teams to proactively improve on stream times
- Provide engineering support to the maintenance and production teams
- Design/specify new equipment and inspect/repair of exiting mechanical equipment
- Help build an adequate spare parts and recurring preventative maintenance tasks on equipment
- Support major machinery overhauls, equipment replacement, specifying scope of required work and technical details to ensure successful execution
- Help plan and execute plant expense and capital projects
- Mentor engineers, specialists, and technicians and provide training in the area of mechanical equipment operation and repair
- Support and participate in the safety programs
- BS ME and 2 – 10 years of experience in a chemical plant or refinery with fixed and rotating equipment.
All job listings