Instrument & Electrical Maintenance/Reliability Engineer
- Gulf Coast, TX
- 3 jobs open! Texas Coast and Houston
- Job #
Our client is a chemical producer that seeks to create an enjoyable work culture with an every other Friday off schedule and a teamwork atmosphere. As a site Instrument/Electrical Engineer you will be a team member in the Maintenance & Reliability Group that supports plant operation and reliability improvement such as implementing reliability best practices, developing and optimizing preventive maintenance tasks, and supporting maintenance activities. This site has a recently updated DCS system and a variety of PLC’s and SIS.
- Incident investigations and root cause analysis, apply data analysis techniques to develop engineering solutions to repetitive failures and other problems that affect plant operations including capacity, quality, cost, and regulatory compliance issues
- Lead repair and replacement related projects for basic Instrument and Electrical equipment
- Provide technical support and expertise in the design and installation stages of projects for new assets and modification of existing assets to minimize life cycle cost and maximize asset availability/reliability.
- Participate in the development of design and installation specifications and commissioning plans. Participate in the development of criteria for and evaluation of equipment and technical MRO suppliers and technical maintenance service providers. Develop acceptance tests and inspection criteria
- Maintain awareness of emerging technology, assessing applicability to improve reliability and performance, or to reduce maintenance cost
- Systematically define, design, develop, monitor, and refine an asset maintenance plan that includes: Value-added preventative maintenance tasks and Predictive technologies
- Apply value analysis to repair/replace, repair/redesign, and make/buy decisions
- Provide technical support to production, maintenance, project, and process engineering groups by consulting with peers at the site and across the company.
BS EE and 3 + years of chemical plant related experience
All job listings