Global Polyolefins Catalyst Research Manager
- Competitive salary plus profit share
- Job #
In the this role you will manage a 20+ member global team that is responsible for the discovery, development, scale up and commercialization of new polyolefin catalysts. This includes synthesis and evaluation of catalysts in the laboratory, as well as the transfer of this technology to larger scale implementation. You will interact closely with both process engineering and production managers, particularly as it relates to product performance issues and the development of new products. We are seeking high levels of creativity coupled with a disciplined approach to complex projects. Safety focus is paramount. There are 20% -30% travel requirements to South America and Europe.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of catalyst strategy in conjunction with the business and I&T leadership. This includes the development of research plans and gap analysis of the organization for its ability to conduct those plans.
- Responsible for organizing and leading multi-disciplinary global teams in the research, development and implementation of catalyst technology that result in new and improved products for our clients as well as leveraging catalyst advances to improve manufacturing efficiency.
- Understand company processes, research new processes, and develop understanding of how new catalysts could improve or plants. Candidate coordinates detailed phases of multiple programs, leads interdisciplinary projects and coordinates their implementation into the plant.
- Supervises a team that provides support in the area of catalyst development and deployment, scale up of lab results including pilot plant and plant trials as necessary.
- Participates in cross disciple technology exchanges, transferring technology learnings to the manufacturing sites, developing new enabling technologies, interacting with universities.
- Responsible for the development of the technical staff, provide work direction, feedback and mentoring support to technical professionals.
- Responsible for the development of budget and staffing plans to meet the objectives of the business on an ongoing basis.
- Develops technical and economic analysis of new technologies and startups.
- PhD in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering; with 10+ years prior experience in polyolefin catalyst development.
- Strong technical background and knowledge of polyolefin catalysis.
- Demonstrated leadership capability.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are mandatory.
- Strong technical and critical thinking skills with good polymer science and engineering fundamentals.
- Ability to identify opportunities, define problems and targets, and execute solutions.
- Must be team- and results- oriented, with the ability to lead, implement and validate the success of new technology improvements.
OH/PA - Major City
All job listings