Fixed Equipment/MI Leader
- Houston, TX
- competitive salary with 10% bonus, and 9/80 schedule
- Job #
As the corporate Fixed Equipment/MI SME, you will manage the corporate fixed equipment and mechanical integrity program for the company and multiple manufacturing sites. You will supervise four plant inspectors who cover the fixed equipment related mechanical integrity programs at the sites. Your expertise should allow you to consult on a variety of technical issues from the design and construction of new piping and equipment to assessing and maintaining the mechanical integrity of existing assets. This role reports to the Reliability Engineering Leader.
- Lead Inspection / Mechanical Integrity Program with a focus on plant EHS and reliability excellence.
- Supervise plant inspectors and assist them in managing plant specific mechanical integrity programs.
- Act as owner of Corporate Mechanical Integrity Procedures and Engineering Standards.
- Assist with training appropriate personnel on Mechanical Integrity and On-Stream Inspection Programs.
- Perform fitness for service assessment and provide repair recommendations.
- Responsible for reviewing Management of Change documentation.
- Participate in or lead equipment/system Root Cause Analyses
- Review prospective technological innovations; evaluate their viability and how to implement
- Support investment capital group and Turnaround Teams as a technical advisor/team member.
- Develop/Report Global KPI’s, and for identifying/auditing outside repair and fabrication shops.
- Mentor associates, interns and less experienced engineers as needed.
- BS ME and 10+ years in chemical, petrochemical, or refining facility.
- Experience with the following codes; API 510, API 570, API 653, ASME Sections I, V, IX, B31.3.
- Experience in writing or interpreting internal or Industry standards for fixed equipment.
- Thorough knowledge of fixed equipment inspection techniques and practices.
- Experience with SAP and Maximo.
- Experience with RCFA, FMEA, RCM, predictive maintenance techniques.
All job listings