Senior Fixed Equipment Engineer
- Baton Rouge, LA
- Competitive salary, full relo, profit share target, 9/80 schedule.
- Job #
As the Senior Mechanical Integrity Engineer you will have the opportunity to finish building the overall site mechanical integrity plan and the document development process. The mechanical integrity program is up and running and about 75% complete. We are looking for a Senior Mechanical Integrity Engineer who can take ownership and drive the program to completion while supporting the site. An additional focus over time will be prepping for future Turnaround (2-3 years out) which will include the review and modification of inspection plans in conjunction with site API inspectors. A third initial focus for this role will be managing and developing the Mechanical Integrity Database. This site is a major petrochemical plant site with good team work and a family atmosphere culture. There is a strong EHS and Responsible Care focus within the organization. If you need additional technical support, they have a corporate subject matter expert group that you can turn to for fixed equipment/mechanical integrity consulting support.
- Provide high level technical support to the site’s fixed equipment reliability efforts and manage the mechanical integrity program.
- Direct inspectors and NDE techs and oversee outside inspection resources as needed.
- Responsible for inspections on all equipment and piping
- Build out and maintain the Mechanical Integrity Database (background in UltraPIPE or PCMS helpful).
- Recommend cost-effective repairs, materials selection, and other corrective actions in support of long-term reliability.
- Develops piping and fixed equipment inspection plans in accordance with API 510, API 570 and API 653, utilize risk-based methodology.
- Selects cost-effective inspection techniques to provide reliable assessment of equipment remaining life.
- Interpret and evaluate inspection and NDE data.
- Maintain complete and accurate records during inspections so they can be transferred to the permanent files.
- Participate in the planning and approval and implementation process for temporary repairs.
- Develop and maintain fixed equipment inspection procedures/practices.
- Review design/fabrication drawings and performs fabrication shop and field inspections to ensure conformance
- Inspect and monitor all repair and construction work
B.S. in Mechanical Engineering with 7+ years of experience.
All job listings