- Baton Rouge, LA
- Job #
In this role you will lead all Environmental, Health and Safety activities at a profitable and stable chemical plant in the Baton Rouge area. This role covers permitting and compliance at the local, state and federal level with the bulk of the work being in the environmental area. Experience with LaDEQ is a plus. This is not a large chemical plant but it does have a diverse set of EHS responsibilities and you will report directly to the Plant Manager. This role has three direct reports which include two techs and a group admin. If you are strong in environmental permitting/compliance but willing to learn some H/S please apply.
- Provide safety and environmental training to improve site EHS performance
- Coach and consult with engineers, leadership and technicians on specific EHS issues
- Monitor compliance with permits and identify opportunities to improve
- Prepare and maintain air, water and waste (RCRA) permits for the site
- Perform emissions calculations and understand how process changes effect emissions
- Build EHS policies and programs and deliver training to ensure they are put into effect
- Support Capital projects and conduct audits and investigations.
Prefer several years of chemical plant experience
If you have prior supervisory experience that will be a great benefit in this role
Experience building EHS policies and programs is ideal, environmental is the most critical of the 3
Prefer BS CHE but will consider other BS Sciences or BS Engineering degree
All job listings