- SE Houston, TX
- Job #
This is an excellent opportunity to take ownership of the environmental air program at a chemical plant site in the Houston area. Our client is a major chemical company with a good reputation in EHS. In this role, you will cover air activities such as Title V permitting, IE, TRI, HON, Boiler MACT and others. As a Senior Engineer, you will operate with minimal supervision and coordinate/lead teams on environmental initiatives. You will provide environmental input to the Capital Project group at the site regarding compliances issues.
- Identify opportunities for air program improvement. Obtain an understanding of the units, processes, and work practices. Develop an understanding of the interaction of multiple processes at the site and the unique compliance needs for the site.
- Identify, plan, and complete permitting and compliance projects that have a positive impact on environmental performance. Develop/execute a long-range plan for solving specific problems.
- Interacts with agency and audit personnel in a manner that minimizes negative impacts.
- Communicate compliance requirements and provide education to site personnel on applicable environmental rules and associated compliance priorities.
- Attends local Trade Association meetings to receive training and build your network.
- BS Degree in Engineering or Sciences and 7 + years of experience in a chemical or refining site.
All job listings