- East Houston, TX
- Competitive salary plus 10-15% profit share target, and 9/80 schedule.
- Job #
Provide well rounded Environmental Engineering support to a large chemical plant complex in East Houston. Air permitting and compliance issues will be the main focus of the role but there is also some work in the water and waste media. This large and diverse site has lots of opportunities for career growth and advancement. You will be assigned Environmental “ownership” to an area of the plant. The site has multiple permit actions coming up at any given time. There is a strong EHS culture in place. You will assist in building your short term and long term career development plan.
- Interact with plant personnel to gain an understanding of the units and their environmental requirements and be proactive to anticipate needs and future challenges.
- Coordinate regulatory inspections and regulatory reporting with agencies
- Interpret regs and identify sound solutions across Air, Water , Waste
- Representative rules include: HON, MON, CAR, EMACT, BWON.
- Develop and maintain environmental permits and compliance systems for the site
- Maintain ownership of site environmental programs that support permitting and compliance
- Represent the site in trade organizations and in best practice groups
- Demonstrate the ability to move a team to consensus on difficult issues and effectively deals with uncertainty
- BS Degree in Engineering or Science with 5 or more years of environmental experience in Air, Water, Waste
- Permit experience is a plus
- Experience developing and/or managing environmental compliance systems
- Must be TWIC certified or be able to obtain
All job listings