- Southeast Houston, TX
- Competitive salary plus profit share
- Job #
Up and coming chemical company that continues to build and buy sites in the Houston area. Business is excellent and they are seeking to continue their growth. They have a need for and Electrical Engineer to focus on power distribution and electrical component sizing. In this role you will provide technical support and maintenance for electrical systems such as: transformers, substations, switchgear, circuit breakers, motor starters and protective relays. You will also identify and implement continuous improvement and cost reduction initiatives and develop/execute capital projects.
- Develop/implement cost savings ideas and overall process improvements.
- Insure EHS compliance
- Management and execution of planned maintenance
- Work with power supplier to coordinate outages and preventive maintenance
- Oversee electrical contractors as needed
- Specify equipment, factory drawing review and acceptance testing of electrical equipment including switchgear, high voltage breakers, GIS, transformers, and electrical power distribution
- Set reliability practices as related to Power Distribution and Transformers
- Manage Arc Flash compliance program
- Troubleshooting switchgear and relay controls electrical systems.
- Conduct short-circuit, protective device coordination and arc-flash studies
- Provide technical assistance as needed within KAI
- Work in the field assisting on shut-downs, startups and maintenance projects
- Order parts and supplies required by projects, etc.
- Troubleshoot site electrical issues
- Provide training to site personnel on electrical issues
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering with 5 or more years of experience in petrochemical, midstream or refining operating site.
- Experience with medium & high voltage work (15KV, 5KV & 480V) required.
- Knowledge of electrical standards (e.g. NEC, IEEE, ANSI, IEC etc.) is required.
- PLC knowledge and troubleshooting.
- Experience with transmission level distribution substations (138KV) preferred.
All job listings