- Baton Rouge area, LA
- Job #
You will provide electrical engineering support to the power systems needs of a large continuous process chemical plant in the Baton Rouge area. You will focus on improving the performance and reliability of site electrical equipment. The company has good benefits and a good reputation for taking care of its employees. The site has a family atmosphere and teamwork culture.
- Support Maintenance, Operations, Engineering to troubleshoot plant issues
- Take a lead role on the maintenance and replacement of electrical switchgear across the site
- Support electric motors to 36,000 hp, Motor Control Centers, Medium Voltage Switchgear, Protective Relaying, and Electrical Distribution up to 13.8 kV.
- Utilize ETAP to perform arc flash, load flow, and protection coordination studies
- Develop or modify electrical switching and isolation procedures
- Develop maintenance plans and equipment strategies for short term and long term reliability needs of critical equipment.
- Lead and/or participate in RCFA of electrical systems
- Apply/sustain/improve Reliability Systems Standards
- Prepare work scope and justifications for projects to upgrade electrical systems.
BS Electrical Engineering degree with 3 -7 years of power related experience in a chemical plant or refinery.
All job listings