Director of Corporate Technology
- Houston, TX
- Job #
Our client is a small and very profitable privately held specialty chemical company. They have a leading capacity and technology position in their market and they continue to grow and develop the business. Due to an upcoming retirement, they are seeking a Director of Corporate Technology who will serve as the guardian of the company’s technical know-how. This role will continue to grow the company’s process technology and capacity at their two manufacturing sites. They also provide technology solutions to their customers and sell or lease their technology to other companies. This position is located in the South Houston area Corporate Office and reports directly to the President/GM. Our client seeks to fill this role prior to the retirement of the incumbent so that there will be an overlap period for training.
- Maintain and expand the Company’s technology platform and ensuring the successful transfer and use of its technical know-how at its manufacturing facilities and terminals, and for unique technology solutions provided to customer sites.
- Evaluate and facilitate technology exchanges with other companies
- Support the processes and technology at two manufacturing plants (one the plants is local).
- Provide technology offerings to support customers as they handle, use and dispose of the product.
- Unit operations include crystallization, centrifuges, dryers, solids handling, compacting
- BS CHE and 10 + years of chemical plant experience (supervisory experience beneficial)
- Experience with hazardous chemicals is required
- Experience with solid chemical manufacturing desirable, but not essential
- Understanding of safety and environmental rules and regulations with emphasis on Process Safety Management (PSM – OSHA 1910.119)
- Thorough understanding of Process and Instrumentation Diagrams and Process Flow Diagrams (PID and PFD)
- Process control knowledge and ability to use process simulation software (AspenTech, OLI, Metsim) is highly desired
- Experience with capital projects (process design, process hazard analysis (PHA), plant commissioning) highly desired
All job listings