Corrosion and Materials Engineer - Central Engineering
- Houston, TX
- Competitive compensation package
- Job #
This is an opportunity to join a group of Subject Matter Experts within a large international chemical company. This groups works on technical issues that affect the plants as a whole and builds corporate procedures and strategies for dealing with a variety of equipment. You will also provide specific engineering input to challenging technical issues at the sites and provide input to major capital project regarding materials selection and corrosion prevention. This central engineering group provides excellent peer support and they encourage participation in API committees and industry trade associations to build your technical network and stay current with best practices and industry standards.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of corrosion control procedures as well as optimizing integrity operating limits.
- Support worldwide plants with troubleshooting, corrosion control and materials selection.
- Provide inspection/NDE support to the site inspection teams.
- Guide aspects of major projects in materials selection, corrosion and fabrication support
- Providing global training and mentoring to support materials, welding, inspection and corrosion engineering competency.
- Leading cross functional teams to solve problems and implement programs
- BS degree in Materials, Metallurgical, Mechanical, Chemical or Corrosion Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in refining, petrochemical or chemical process industries.
- Corrosion experience in chemical processes and organic acid corrosion mechanism are a plus.
- Strong understanding of corrosion and metallurgical deterioration mechanisms with demonstrated knowledge and skills in material selection, damage mechanisms, inspection and failure analysis.
- Familiar with ASME and API Code rules for: design, analysis, inspection, repair and alteration of pressure vessels, piping, storage tanks and heat exchangers.
- Able to travel up to 25%.
All job listings