Fixed Equipment Engineer- Corporate Level SME
- Houston, TX
- Competitive starting salary, profit share target, full relo, 401k , pension
- Job #
Major International Company that continues to grow and expand. We are seeking a Fixed Equipment Subject Matter Expert who can provide corporate level support of Fitness for Service and FEA and provide technical leadership across pressurized equipment issues. This may involve leading technical teams or being a team member. Generally, engineers in this group will develop a small group of areas where they are the resident expert in the company and they will often lead a “standards team” around company and industry standards and are encouraged to be on API committees.
- Design, re-design and re-rate all types of Pressure Equipment
- Continue to develop expert level knowledge of industry Fixed Equipment codes and apply them across the company
- Utilize FEA and apply to load limit analysis, buckling, elastic/plastic analysis using FEA software such as ABAQUS
- Apply and expert level knowledge in API 579 Fitness For Service
- Utilize CAESAR II for pipe stress analysis
- Author technical specifications, procedures and other technical documents.
- Provide technical assessments in areas such as: hot taps, risk, pipe stress, fatigue, creep damage, vibrating equipment, and thermal-mechanical FEA.
10 or more years of Pressure Equipment/Fixed Equipment Engineering work in a chemical plant or refinery
BS Mechanical Engineering Degree
All job listings