Senior Process Engineer
- Baton Rouge area, LA
- Competitive Compensation Package with 20% Bonus target and 9/80 work schedule.
- Job #
In this role you will be working in a large and diverse chemical plant. Ideal candidate will provide process and production engineering support to the largest unit at the site, which is a large scale continuous process that serves as the heart of the plant. Your main focus will be process optimization/troubleshooting and improving capacity.
- Observe plant processes to ensure proper operation and product quality; providing production/process engineering support for troubleshooting and issue resolutions.
- Monitor plant metrics and identify needs in operations, energy consumption, and material usage, provide process guidance to operators on production activities.
- Collaborate with site resources to identify process adjustments that will maximize efficiencies, improve yield, and/or reduce energy consumption.
- Ensure operation is running within established variable control ranges for minimum cost operation and provide information and coaching on deviations from established ranges.
- Execute plant experiments as designed by Process Engineering and implement any required process changes.
- Mentor and train staff and production workers to successfully implement changes and continuous improvement initiatives, including relevant business processes improvements.
- Assist in the resolution of process upsets and troubleshooting of equipment failures. Identify and implement process improvement projects
BS CHE and 8+ years of Process/Production experience in a continuous process chemical plant or a refinery.
Engineering expertise in RCA, PHA and PSM.
All job listings