Process Control Engineer
- Lake Jackson, TX
- Competitive salary with excellent bonus
- Job #
You will provide process control engineering support to a chemical plant/refining type of operating facility. This facility is part of a large company and employs DCS and APC equipment at all of its sites. They continue to grow and expand and have been generating solid profits. They have an excellent benefits program with the 9/80 work schedule and solid profit sharing plan and an enhanced 401k plan. This role is open due to a promotion.
- Troubleshoot and support DCS equipment including supporting PLC’s and SIS and Data Historians. Site uses Honeywell TDC 3000 and Experion and Allen Bradley equipment.
- Support day-to-day operations and configure network data points, build graphics, provide logic configuration, and perform system backups.
- Support process automation strategy and appropriately configure systems. Knowledge of advanced controls is a plus.
- Identify and implement process automation improvements to streamline work, improve operability and quality, and reduce cost.
- Guide and train area personnel on process control issues to improvement plant performance.
- Assist process technology teams through the development and implementation of long range plans for control system improvements.
- Support capital and improvement projects around controls technology
- Provide start-up support of facilities
- Build control systems documentation to maintain the integrity of control strategies.
- Lead or support cross-functional team to implement alarm management and safety instrumented system initiatives. Support the PSM program with ISA-84 and MOC.
- Support cyber-security measures.
- Work with business and corporate process control staff to implement standards and best practices.
- Maintain availability to support the plant during off-hours
- Developing more robust control schemes to replace the current non-redundant Advanced Module Control code.
- Oversee Data Historian system for the site
BS in Chemical or Electrical Engineering with 3 + years of Process Control experience at the DCS level in a chemical plant or refinery.
All job listings