Rotating Equipment Engineer
- Houston, TX
- Competitive salary plus profit share
- Job #
Your first focus in this role will be facilitating the quality construction of a new chemical manufacturing unit. This role is vital to the success of the construction and operation of the site. After construction and start up, you will take ownership for the maintenance and reliability of the site rotating equipment. This is a ground floor opportunity to help build a site and then build reliability programs to monitor and sustain reliable operations. This company has a great atmosphere and strong benefits that include: bonus-profit share, the 9/80 work schedule, and an enhanced 401k plan.
- Review equipment technical documentation, collaborate with the project team to ensure proper equipment installation, create preventive maintenance plans, coordinate purchase and storage of critical spare parts.
- Collect data from the engineering contractor to prep bill of materials and spare parts list
- Create Preventative Maintenance tasks for new rotating equipment in SAP
- Attend Factory Acceptance Test of critical equipment as required
- Participate in the quality surveillance and commissioning to achieve construction mechanical completion. Assist in startup activities as required
- Initiate, estimate and manage the engineering and installation of rotating equipment and related systems
After plant construction is completed:
- Serve as a technical resource for plant wide mechanical/reliability initiatives, with the objective of continuously improving the reliability of the equipment
- Be a front-line contact to address and solve issues with rotating equipment.
- Ensure appropriate planning and scheduling of work for all maintenance activities.
- Update and organize documentation for the reliability and integrity programs.
- Continuously improve reliability and integrity programs with the objective of cost-effectively improving equipment reliability.
- Assist maintenance and operations in troubleshooting mechanical problems.
- Assist with shop and outside repairs of rotating equipment to identify the RCF and then adjust systems and procedures accordingly
- Understand, support and comply with all plant safety policies and procedures including the use of loss control software for loss control reporting and communication.
- Supply data for periodic reports on reliability Key Performance Indicators, such as MTBF and MTTR
BS ME with 3+ years of experience in rotating equipment
All job listings