Instrument/Electrical Project Engineer
- Pasadena/Bayport area of Houston, TX
- Competitive Salary base plus profit share, 401k, pension, 9/80
- Job #
Support the engineering, design, scope and installation of Instrumentation, Electrical and Analyzer equipment. You will interact with multiple site groups to install and startup up new equipment. This will include project planning, control, and integration of engineering activities to meet project goals and timelines. This site is a modern chemical plant that fully utilizes DCS, PLC, SIS, and on-line analyzer systems. There are a variety of career paths in this large and diverse chemical producer.
- Works with internal and external design resources to achieve designs that are cost effective and technically sound and meet project objectives.
- Collaborates and engages all other disciplines towards the successful completion of the project.
- Responsible for following the Capital project process
- Works closely with subcontract engineers and/or designers to coordinate their activities and to ensure quality control.
- Prepares specifications for purchase of materials and equipment.
- Performs periodic design reviews; ensures designs follow specifications, codes, regulations, and contract requirements. Ensures technical and quality standards are maintained.
- Documents and maintains all communication that impacts technical decisions.
- Assists in preparing estimates of probable costs for construction at various stages of design.
- Participates in the development of criteria for and evaluation of equipment, technical material suppliers, and technical service providers.
- Inspects completed installations and observes operations, to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards.
BS EE with 5 + years of experience in a chemical plant or refinery.
All job listings