- Houston, TX
- Competitive Compensation Package, profit share and 9/80 schedule
- Job #
As the EHS Manager, you will report to a General Manager who is over several Houston area plants. You will focus on building up the EHS program at a site with a focus on long term safety culture change. There is strong environmental support from a corporate resource team in Houston so this position will be 80% focused on Safety. Initially, you will assess the current program and its levels of implementation and then drive improvements in the overall program and its utilization in the units. Our client is seeking a safety culture change and is taking a long term and strategic approach. This position provides leadership to the programs but does not have direct reports. This is an up and coming chemical company that has been buying plants and building plants in the Houston area and across the globe. Career progression could move into the Houston Corporate Group.
- Assess, evaluate and improve the personal and process safety program and culture.
- Build strong relationships and trust to increase influence at all levels of the site to facilitate long term safety culture change
- Drive continuous safety improvements and ensure a sustainable safety management program
- Recommend, develop and implement action plans to close gaps and improve the site safety program and pursue excellence
- Train plant personnel with a goal of continuously improving the safety culture.
- Review and assess the execution of the personal safety and process safety program, and assess and improve the Responsible Care program at site level.
- Incident Investigations and Compliance Audits
- BS Degree in Engineering, Safety or Environmental and 10+ years of related experience in a chemical or similar plant with 3+ years of EHS program leadership.
All job listings