- Houston- Pasadena area, TX
- Competitive salary plus 20-25% bonus
- Job #
You will manage a department of 6 environmental professionals/engineers to provide comprehensive environmental permitting and compliance support to a medium sized chemical plant. This is a major chemical company with a strong EHS culture. Continuous large expansions and internal hiring have opened this role to the outside.
- Learn the production processes on the site and manage the overall Environmental needs of the site.
- Develops and recommends strategies and systems to drive compliance and overall excellence of the program.
- Manage diverse interactions with company personnel in operations, legal, technical and the corporate environmental group as it relates to the support of your needs at the site. Learn and apply company best practices.
- Audit site systems and management programs to verify performance. .
- Tracks action items and capital/expense projects to ensure they are progressing.
- Manage interactions with environmental regulatory agencies.
- Build and implements company and site specific environmental policies and initiatives.
- Network in industry trade associates to learn new approaches and stay current on the industry dynamics
- Manages and oversee consultants
- Mentor and train subordinates and elevate the capacity of the Environmental team.
- Manages the environmental budgets and cost centers.
- BS in Engineering or relevant sciences and 8 or more years of experience
- Must have two years of prior leadership experience running a group
All job listings