- Houston, TX
- Excellent base salary plus 15-20% profit share
- Job #
As the EHS Manager covers you will cover all aspects of EHS at an expanding chemical plant. You will set goals and strategies, build programs and also be visible in the field taking a “hands on” involvement with the team. This role has a focus of continuously improving and strengthening the safety culture and EHS management systems in pursuit of EHS excellence. You will serve on the Site Leadership team and will also provide EHS consulting support to another site.
- Lead the EHS group and manage activities and the operating budget
- Oversees the development and execution of EHS processes and programs, including the behavioral safety program.
- Ensure loss control, safety and industrial health; develops and implements emergency response and crisis communication plans and readiness.
- Represent organization with government officials/regulatory inspectors during site visits/audits
- Ensures EHS training uses the best methods in delivery, knowledge retention and proficiency and that they are in compliance
- Identifies efficiencies, benchmarks, and continuous improvement opportunities for EHS processes and programs.
- Oversees service providers and contracts, including those provided through agreement with owner company.
- Manages audit and investigation program of all applicable plant policies related to EHS.
- Directs workers and manages contractors engaged in field and laboratory verification of compliance with environmental health and safety regulations.
- Maintain compliance with OSHA PSM standard and EPA 40 CFR with oversight of HAZOP and PHA programs.
- Stay aware of new developments in the industry and government regulations.
- Provides active care management and investigation support during the investigation process.
- Member of the area Contract Committees, Loss Control Committees, PSM Steering Committees, and Management Committees.
- Maintains and participates in a rotational on-call list for the department so the facilities have 24-hour coverage when needed.
BS Degree and 10+ years of EHS experience in the Chemical or Refining Industry with 4 years of management experience
A strong background in Air Compliance and Safety is preferred.
All job listings