Engineering and Quality Manager
- Chicago, IL
- Job #
Your team will responsible for introducing new products into the chemical plant and optimizing/ troubleshooting existing processes. Additionally, your team covers Quality issues for the chemical process and runs the Quality Assurance lab. Staff will consist of several chemical engineers and lab personnel for a total of 15 overall reports. Our client is a major international chemical company that is growing and expanding. They are a market leader in many of their chemical businesses.
- Ensure all processes, designs, manufacturing & operating procedures, test methods adhere to regulatory and site safety requirements.
- Mentor, coach, and develop Process & Quality Engineers, Chemists, Lab Supervisor
- Conduct employee performance reviews and recruit staff as needed.
- Drive improvements to the manufacturing plant processes, procedures, products, and all aspects of the QA lab.
- Maintain and drive improvements in quality specifications for products and raw materials.
- Provide resources for troubleshooting batches for process and/or raw material related issues.
- Take the lead on customer audits and/or complaint investigations.
- Oversee plant projects and initiatives including but not limited to cycle time improvement projects, process design support for capital projects, etc.
- Develops and maintains quality systems for ISO compliance and RC-14001 protocol.
- BS Degree in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry required
- 3+ years supervising a technical staff
- 7+ years working in a Process/Production Engineering or Quality Assurance type role in a chemical plant or lab.
- Immigration sponsorship not offered for this role
All job listings